History of Sokkia
Sokkia has been manufacturing measuring and surveying instruments since 1920 (levels, construction lasers, total stations, and GNSS).
- Sokkia is founded in 1920 in Japan (Tokyo) under the name Sokkisha.
- In 1934, Sokkia (Sokkisha) is converted to a company with limited liability.
- In 1943, Sokkia (Sokkisha) is converted to a corporation.
- The company Oberländer starts to sell Sokkia (Sokkisha) products in Germany in 1976.
- A Sokkia (Sokkisha) branch is established in Europe (Netherlands) between 1982 and 1985.
- A Sokkia (Sokkisha) branch is established in Germany in the spring of 1988.
- Collaboration between Sokkia (Sokkisha) and GLM begins in 1991.
- Sokkisha is renamed Sokkia on January 1, 1992. This is to be an outward sign of an international company.
- IVK-Sokkia is founded in Cologne in 2003. It assumes the business areas of Sokkia Germany.
- In 2006, Sokkia and GLM and sign a cooperation agreement. GLM software is represented worldwide since then.
- Topcon and Sokkia merge in 2008.
- IVK-Sokkia is dissolved in 2009. GLM takes over the distribution of total stations and levels. HKL takes over the distribution of rotation lasers.