3-DIM Observer – Mobile Surveying Made Easy
The survey software 3-DIM Observer is used for various different projects in the area of industrial 3D metrology. The special solution for Pocket PC offers mobility and robustness when and where needed. Since 2004, we are constantly developing the software according to the principle “From practice for practice.” Thanks to our many years of experience in optical coordinate measuring technology and ongoing optimizations, the mobile surveying software 3-DIM Observer today is the absolute standard in numerous sectors and industries – for example, in shipbuilding and steel construction or in paper industry.
The result is a unique mobile 3D software that redefines the standard. It turns the 3D measuring system into a one-man system.
Handheld computers are used as the platform for the mobile software 3-DIM Observer. GLM Lasermeßtechnik recommends the Archer2 and the Mesa.
The strengths and focus of this mobile software for industrial surveying are:
- nominal/measured comparison (3D coordinates X-Y-Z)
- Easy relocation
- 2 points (Helmert 2D)
- 3 and more points (Helmert 2D and 3D)
- Coordinate transformations
- measured to nominal (point axis / Helmert 2D / Helmert 3D)
- Points (e.g. “Origin / x-axis”)
- PAXOR (plane / axis / origin / rotation)
- Many evaluation functions, e.g:
- Center on straight line
- Circle center / roundness
- Plane Fit
- and others
- Further measuring functions:
- Turns the industrial tachymeter into a tracker. 3-Dim Observer in combination with a handheld computer serves as remote control
- Turns the industrial tachymeter into a scanner for reflectorless automatic measurements
- Monitoring and positioning of components
- Iterative setting out (selection of a free axis)
- and others
- special features
- Interface to Excel, Rhino3D via 3-Dim PT and 3-DIM PC Basic
- Control of all industrial tachymeters of the Sokkia NET series and the total stations of the SET series
- User interface available in more than 15 languages
If you have any questions, please call or send us an e-mail.