Sokkia iX series
The Sokkia IX series are motorized total stations with integrated target tracking on prisms. Their typical field of application is in classical surveying. The Sokkia IX series has been on the market at the beginning of 2017 and since then has been convincing due to its fast ultrasonic motors and low weight. The slim and compact system is one third smaller and lighter than previous motorized total stations. Ultrasonic motors operate contact-free so they have four times longer life expectancy.
- Motorised total station – ultrasonic motors up to 150°C per second
- Auto-Pointing (automatic target detection) on prism and foil
- Auto-Tracking (target tracking)
- Reflectorless distance measurement
- Bluetooth class 1 – outdoor range up to 100 m
- IP 65
- three measuring modes; fine, fast and tracking
The Sokkia IX series is split into two different lines. The IX 500 and IX 1000 series. Distinctions are as follows:
- Distance measurement range
- Accuracy in distance measurement
- Connection to the RC-PR unit. The IX 1000 series can be connected to the RC-PR 5A unit, the IX 500 cannot.
- Speed of the ultrasonic motors. The IX 1000 series reaches up to 150° per second, the IX 500 series reaches 85° per second.
The Sokkia IX series is an optional component of 3D measuring systems from GLM. Motorized total stations are controlled by different software modules, depending on the application. Among others by: